Preparing for surgery-
Once you visited the eye specialist and consulted them for eye surgery, the following things you should keep in your mind before surgery-
- Lens power calculation for cataract surgery– The patient must get his/her IOL power checked before the surgery date. Our experts will help you to choose the IOL according to your eyes.
- Syringing- to see patency of nasolacrimal ducts
- Systemic invetigaions to rule out Diabetes mellitus, Hypertension, Heart problems etc.
- Diabetic patients should not take antidiabetic medicines on the day of surgery. Postoperative they can continue with their medicines
- Other medicines for hypertension, asthma etc should be continued
- Patients on blood thinning drugs like aspirin should be discountinued atleast 3 days before surgery
- Patients should have light breakfast 2 hour before surgery
- Patient should be accompanied with one reliable relative who is responsible for the patient’s well being.
Please carry following things on the day of surgery-
- All the blood and urine reports, ECG reports
- Fitness letter
- Patients identity card
- Memo for company patients
- Please have head bath on the day or a day before surgery. Hairs should be neatly tied.
- All valuables and jewelleries should be kept at home. Hospital will not be responsible for these items lost or stolen
Post operative instructions-
- Tablets and drops to be used as per the prescription.
- Use dark glasses at least for 8 days.
- Shoulder bath is permitted. Head bath only after 8 days.
- If there is eye pain, irritation, redness, watering contact Horizon Hospital immediately.
- No restrictions for diet/ continue your routine treatment for Diabetes or hypertension.
- Watering from the operated eye should be wiped with sterile cotton or wipes on the cheek.
- Follow up with the doctor as per instruction.
Instructions for eye drop use
- Tighten the cap on the nozzle by turning it. The spike in the cap will make a dispensing hole on the nozzle
- Remove the cap by turning it in opposite direction.
- The bottle is now ready to use.
- Turn it upside down, squeeze the walls of the bottle gently to deliver sterile drop into the eye
- Replace the cap. Tighten it firmly and keep the bottle closed for subsequent use.
- Do not touch the nozzle or rinse the nozzle.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight.
- Before application of any eye drop or ointment hands must be cleaned with soap/ sanitizer.
- Eye drops/ ointment should be put in the lower part of the eyelid only.