Abdominoplasty is a procedure to improve the shape of your tummy.
Women usually accumulate lot of lax tissue and skin on the belly area after childbirth.
The skin loses its luster, develops varying grades of stretch marks and becomes wrinkled and lax.
This is more common especially if the baby is large one. This transformation completely disturbs dressing styles and clothing choice. The unsightly bulges and stretch marks make skin exposure unpleasant. The shape is no more the same and women strongly desire to go back to their pre pregnancy look, active social life and demanding work situations.
Tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to make bulging abdomen more flat, taut and firm. The surgery involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen tightening of muscle and fascia of the abdominal wall.
This surgery is generally sought by women with loose tissues after pregnancy or individuals with sagging after major weight loss.
- An incision is made from hip to hip just above the pubic area.
- Another incision is made to free umbilicus from surrounding skin.
- The skin is detached from the abdominal wall to expose the muscles and fascia to be tightened. The muscle fascia wall is tightened with sutures.
- The old umbilical stalk is brought out through a new hole and sutured into place.
- The remaining skin and fat are tightened by removal of the excess and closing the defect with sutures.
- Liposuction is often used to refine the transition zones of abdomen and back.
- A dressing and sometimes a compression garment are applied. Excess fluid from the site is drained.
Stay of 4-5 days is needed. Take adequate rest. Avoid stress on abdominal muscles. Avoid strenuous exercise, bending down and lifting weight/ heavy object.